Infinite Facade redefines how owners and design teams approach the facade system. It is a single source solution for the complete building envelope that meets or exceeds code requirements, utilizes a standard frame and connections, while giving design teams complete design flexibility.
- Integrated scope for the complete weather barrier system
- Windows installed off-site
- Factory-installed insulation
- Manufactured off-site
- Aesthetically flexible system
- Reduced schedule
- Single point of contact through occupancy & warranty
- Drywall ready
Join us on Tuesday July 15, for a discussion on simplifying building envelope design with the Infinite Facade, a single source building envelope solution. We will explore:
- How a single source solution envelope reduces risk for both design teams and owners
- Target Value Design process – meeting the project’s vision to the budget
- Strategies to consider for prefabricated envelope systems
- Design Options and Considerations
The building envelope is the most difficult part of the building to design; reasonably so, as design teams are expected to meet client and aesthetic expectations while meeting performance standards and regulations.
The complete building envelope manufactured offsite
Target Value Design
Taking advantage of the Target Value Design (TVD) process, Infinite Facade encompasses three main design categories that streamline the design and budgeting development, enabling rapid design iterations and ensuring budget and schedule certainty.
Infinite Facade paves the way for the design team to take advantage of prefabricated systems for reduced costs, increased efficiency and less risk, all without compromising design.
This aesthetically flexible system is standardized and prefabricated, and the exterior finish options are limitless. In addition to the wide variety of colors and textures currently available in traditional precast, other materials can be cast into the exterior veneer – such as brick, terracotta and stone. The use of form liners allows for an infinite number of geometric patterns and reveals to be incorporated into the design. Other accent materials, such as metal panels, can be factory-mounted to the exterior veneer, further increasing design and material options.
Precast Finish Spectrum
We source high quality and proven exterior window systems for the project and install at the manufacturing facility, further reducing jobsite impacts. We have formed partnerships with some of the top window manufacturers in the country for solutions specific to Infinite Facade.
The panel and the window system are engineered as a single solution. The design and detailing of the window connections are done as part of the exterior cladding package so details are coordinated and included in one exterior enclosure submittal.
- Greater control over quality of window installation
- Installation performed at ground level in controlled conditions
- Window testing is performed in factory prior to arriving on site
- Factory installed windows allow for faster enclosure schedules
- Number of trades on construction site is reduced
- Eliminates the need for material staging on site
- Panel openings are shipped to the site weather-tight, allowing other trades to start sooner
- Eliminates need for temporary enclosures at window openings
Based on FMI research, the building envelope is the most difficult part of the building to design. Reasonably so, the design has to strike the right balance between aesthetics and meeting performance standards and regulations, while satisfying client expectations and budget. Infinite Facade eliminates the need to design what is behind the facade, because it is a standardized integrated system, leaving more time to focus on the design possibilities.
Clark Pacific and Wells Concrete have partnered to form the Facades Consortium Group LLC and offer nationwide availability of Infinite Façade. Driven by increasing demand for lightweight wall panel systems, the partnership will accelerate research, development and evolution of complete envelope solutions.